Equalize data or Inverter problem ?

aurora protocol http://www.curtronics.com/Solar/
stetor

Equalize data or Inverter problem ?

Post by stetor » Fri May 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi JeanMarc,

i've just (1 month ago) installed your fantastic project with some little variations.
i've not used RaspBerry or some other software but a real internet server (Debian) that gather the data "directly" from the inverter. Directly is a big word because in effect the flow is a bit complicated. 8-)
I've wroten some little bash script (if someone is interested i can post here) and used socat that create a pseudo serial from a tcp socket on the server (all this as an aurora wrapper).
On the "house" side there is a port forward on the router thru a wireless RS485 converter that is connected on the PowerOne aurora inverter.
All appear to work well but from time to time i receive abnormal data from the inverter.
I don't know if this can be a firmware problem of the inverter that is
Inverter Version: -- PVI-4.2-OUTD --
Firmware: C.0.3.4
or if the problem can be a communication error ... anyway the question is : it's possibile to automatically identify this "absurd" data and exclude from the good data ?
I attach some images that show the problem. In the data image i've put a red arrow on the bad row. The time with the bad data is 10:05. In the graph this bad data flat all the other data

PS: i don't think that is a com error because in other day i've seen a repeated sequence on the bad data ... i bet for the firmware error ;)

Thank you for your software adn support ! :)

jeanmarc

Re: Equalize data or Inverter problem ?

Post by jeanmarc » Sat May 14, 2016 6:58 am

Hi stetor,
I know that other people also use socat but i haven't seen the code. It would be helpful to include it in the 'protocols' list.
You have to open the daily csv, i believe your com app return a null value for KWHT at 10.05. That could be why 123s think your counter passover.
You have to check if your data frame is complete 'OK', if it's not 123s will try 3 times to get the 5' sample.

stetor

Post by stetor » Sat May 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi JeanMarc,
jeanmarc wrote:Hi stetor,
I know that other people also use socat but i haven't seen the code. It would be helpful to include it in the 'protocols' list.
It's not a new protocol (the real inverter protocol that i use is the aurora) but it's a different transport mode because the aurora executable under linux support only a serial device and not a tcp/ip address:port.
This is why i've created a wrapper around the aurora executable.
jeanmarc wrote: You have to open the daily csv, i believe your com app return a null value for KWHT at 10.05. That could be why 123s think your counter passover.
In the third image that i've attached (with the black backgroud) you can see the CSV portion with the problem.
In the raw line with the problem i've put a red arrow on the right. You can see the "absurd" value at 10:00 on the column 5 (I2A) and 6 (I2P) and the last field (KWTH).
This happen from time to time ... do you think it's an aurora firmware problem ?
jeanmarc wrote: You have to check if your data frame is complete 'OK', if it's not 123s will try 3 times to get the 5' sample.

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Sat May 14, 2016 5:31 pm

sorry but i don't see the image

thgoldha

Post by thgoldha » Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 am

Hi together,

I have a problem like this. But in the morning only, when the inverters awake. It looks like this:
http://www.thomasgoldhammer.de/images/s ... -werte.png
http://www.thomasgoldhammer.de/images/s ... werte2.png

There are two SMA Inverters with Bluetooth in the network. The data come alternately from the inverters. The Graphs in the morning show wrong values, but in the CSV I can´t see them. Everything looks fine. The places in the graph might be some communication problems. I try to place the raspberry somewhere else, so that it is closer to the inverters. Perhaps the wrong values in the morning disappear, too.

When I delete the values in the morning, the graphs look fine and the daily production values are correct again.

I am still trying.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Mon May 16, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Thomas,
Your 5 min samples are really lagging eg 6:35 come at 6:36:43, that's 1 min 43 late ! You first need to check your communication before.
If you have still isue, please past both daily inverter csv.

thgoldha

Post by thgoldha » Mon May 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi Jeanmarc,

thanks for your quick reply. You do a great job with 123solar and your support is excellent. Is it possible to donate a little amount of money for you?

I changed the position of my raspberry. The csv´s look better now.
I think, there might be another issue because I use two inverters with the same Bluetooth-ID.

SBFspot is able to read both inverters with multi inverter support enabled. Does 123solar supports this? At the moment I disabled this feature und I use two configs SBFspot_0.cfg and SBFspot_1.cfg. I think the communication would be more stable, if 123solar hast to get the data just once from the inverters with MIS enabled.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Mon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Thomas,
123s read data sequentially. In your case, it could be wise to create a daemon and read the data from there in place of requesting SBFspot each time.
I don't know much about SBF, is it possible to do that ? It may be helpful to create a new topic about that.

ps: I don't ask for money but i really appreciate your sign. If you want to show your support please done me a favor : Change a life with a small loan !
Few bucks won't change my life but it can help others in need.. and that's just a loan :)

stetor

Post by stetor » Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 am

Hi Jeanmarc
jeanmarc wrote:sorry but i don't see the image
Why you don't see the image ? May be that you have locked the access to imagevenue ?
try directly with these links
http://img264.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _372lo.jpg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_13lo.jpg
http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _173lo.jpg

do you want that i change the image file hosting ?

I see the thumbnail in this forum thread and clicking on it i can also see the full image ...

bye

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Tue May 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi stetor,
Ok i see your images at home. It seem like your inverter pass-over, you could past some csv lines where the problem happened ?