Some help needed with poolmeters.py

framboos

Some help needed with poolmeters.py

Post by framboos » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Can someone help me with the water/gas meter solution of JM? I follow the examples and changed everything to mine need, as far as i could and understand.
I have everything almost working only the poolmeters.py doesn't start automatically after 5 minutes and also doesn't start when the pooler.php is running.
The strange thing is, when I test the water "test command" option and check the memory it starts briefly (with the www-data user) but stops instead of keeping it running.
I also only have a maximum of 3l or 3m3 for the water or gas meter, I can't get it higher, is this because I'm using a arduino uno instead of the Leaonardo?

Also a second small question. In the Metern administration page / config meter and sensors, I change the precision to 3 but the meters keeps counting in m3 instead of 0.00x m3.
Only the first digit is counting, is this problem because of the above troubles?

jeanmarc

Re: Some help needed with poolmeters.py

Post by jeanmarc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:42 am

Hi,
That's many question in a once, i'll try to reply them all

poolmeters.py live is start at meterN start up via config/config_daemon.php
It also stop for the 5min requests via pooler.php. Then, it respawn at the end of that script at the last counter request.

Arduino counter are quite limited (depend of the variable type) , that's also why i use the "infamous" : takes the last csv value and increment of the 5 min reading then reset arduino counter.

Maybe you set your variable to interger in pooler or round a value in your .ino file ?

Do the test in order :
- Try first from the command line python poolmeters.py rgas and python poolmeters.py rwater, you can generate fake pules in the arduino.
- If the format is correct try from the command line
php pooler.php gas and water
- Only then, if all ok, you can request pooler gas from meterN.

Also, if you have problem you have to dig into the code and ouput values to see what's wrong.
Have fun ;)

framboos

Post by framboos » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:53 am

Thank you for the support,

I have it almost working it looks promising even the 0,00m³ problem is solved :D
I only have at random moments that the gas meter always count 6m³ extra for 3 - 6 times.
The sensor does not pick this up even if it does it should count with 0,0xm³ not with 6m³ at once.

Any idea's what I can test or check to find this problem?

PS: I still have the promised item for you, how can I get that to you?

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 am

Try to adjust the pulse length check in your arduino sketch. So far, my gas IR detection is the less reliable for me :cry: (The sensor move, etc..)