Docker image for 123Solar and meterN

Talks about metering
EdoFede

Docker image for 123Solar and meterN

Post by EdoFede » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi.

First of all, I' would like to thanks Jean-Marc for build and share with us these fantastic tools.

I've realised a Docker image for an "packaged" installation of 123Solar and meterN.
The image sets up all the required environment to run the tools, download and install them, create an initial config and run the services.

I've started this build just to install meterN on my NAS, but then I've decided to go further and make it more structural and available to anyone.
I plan also tu publish a guide to install it a NAS, in the near future.

Here the repositories:
https://github.com/EdoFede/123Solar-meterN-Docker
https://hub.docker.com/r/edofede/123solar-metern

The image downloads the actual version (at the moment of writing) of 123Solar and meterN, but if the initiative is also approved by the author, I could automate the download of the latest version, using the scripts available to check for updates.

I hope it can be useful.

Bye,
Edoardo
Last edited by EdoFede on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeanmarc

Re: Docker image for 123Solar and meterN

Post by jeanmarc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi Edoardo,
Thanks for the work and the kind words :)
I always prefer people use latest versions, i allow me to continuously improve the apps (or not :lol: )

EdoFede

Post by EdoFede » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:38 pm

You are welcome ;)

To avoid manual commits every time you update the apps, I think that the best way is an update script for both apps, triggered the first time the container is launched.
If that's ok for you, I can rely on your "latest_version.php" scripts and build an update task (excluding config and data) inside my Docker image.

Bye,
Edoardo

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:53 pm

That's perfect.
Beware for meterN use this link https://metern.org/latest_version.php
123solar.org/metern have a redirection, i have to find a trick for the previous updater work.

EdoFede

Post by EdoFede » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:53 pm

I've created a bash script that compare the installed version with the latest version, using your "latest_version.php" scripts.
If the version mismatch, the script downloads the last version and install it (excluding config and data folders).

Then I've inserted this script in the boot sequence of the container, so every time the container starts, a check/update is triggered before services are started.

Bye,
Edoardo

EdoFede

Post by EdoFede » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 am

Just released the new version with many enhancements and fixes ;)
Now it's also multi-architecture capable (you can run it on a Raspberry or even on a ppc64 :mrgreen: )