Gauge alternates between 0 watts and actual production

Talks about solar stuff
Bjorn

Gauge alternates between 0 watts and actual production

Post by Bjorn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 am

I had 123solar v1.5.5 with smaspot 2.06a working without any problems with Ubuntu 13.04. For various reasons I reinstalled the server on which 123solar was running with Ubuntu 12.04, and the gauge is now alternating constantly between 0 and the actual production. As far as I can tell all values are being recorded correctly, it is only the "spot" production gauge which is showing this anomaly. The gauges on the dashboard page are also alternating between 0 and actual values. I would say the gauges move back and forth every second or so.
Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

The debug page shows the following:
Checking PHP:
PHP version: 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.9
Json extension loaded
Calendar extension loaded
Shmop extension loaded
You timezone is set to Europe/London (03/02/2014 23:59:28)
Your sendmail_path is set to /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

jeanmarc

Re: Gauge alternates between 0 watts and actual production

Post by jeanmarc » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 am

I never see that behavior.. Make sure there is only once instance of 123s/com. app running.
You running on 1.5.5 with aurora ?

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:36 pm

This is 1.5.5 with SMAspot. SMAspot connects to the inverter using bluetooth.
I was using SMAspot 2.06a, yesterday I upgraded to SMAspot 2.2.10.
I've looked at the apache logs, but there is nothing there that is out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.

The behaviour is the same on Windows, Mac and iPad. On a Mac I've tried both Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome, again with the same behaviour in all browsers.

I've put a video on youtube that shows the gauge behaviour. The video is not public, it is only viewable if one has the URL which is: http://youtu.be/-A5g5OUStG0

Is there anywhere in the 123solar system where I might go to look for troubleshooting information?

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:44 pm

The gauges should stay to zero if the computer date is not correct or go to zero if the data are 30" too old.
It may cause the glitch if the communication with your inverter isn't fast enough... AFAIK SMAspot can pool faster.

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:29 pm

jeanmarc wrote:The gauges should stay to zero if the computer date is not correct or go to zero if the data are 30" too old.
It may cause the glitch if the communication with your inverter isn't fast enough... AFAIK SMAspot can pool faster.
The date on the computer is definitely correct. With regards to the data being more than 30 seconds old, the gauge does show a value, reverts to 0 and then shows a value again in less than 30 seconds (as can be seen on the video I posted a link to). However, what if the time on the inverter and the computer are too far out of sync? Can that make a difference? Is the inverter time even retrieved?

When I have run SMAspot manually there doesn't seem to be any speed issues.

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Hmm.. perhaps try to downgrade to SMAspot 2.06a. I am not sure the 2.2.10 have been tested with 123s yet.
Did you set a correct longitude/latitude if you are in "automode" ?
There is no check with the inverter date, it can't be the problem.

aldesr

Post by aldesr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Bjorn,

Did you configure SMAspot to store inverter snapshots to its CSV files ? You could consider temporarily to record all data from the inverter. Wrong dates or values should easy to identify then.

I never tried SMAspot 2.2.1 as Luc has not certified it to work when a SMA Webbox is present on the BT network. Need to build a test system first (the Raspberry Pi has been on hold for months :()

Don't know if Luc documented, but be aware there is also a difference between 2.06a and 2.2.1 wrt handling of inverter time synchronization.
2.06a was sync'ing only if / computer time - inverter time / > a threshold value (1' if I'm not mistaken).
The test condition was removed from 2.2.1. Activating the option in 123solar will therefore result in a systematic daily synchronization !

You can still specify CSV_Spot_TimeSource=Computer in the inverter SMAspot_n.cfg configuration file. It will then tag spot records with the computer time instead of inverter one.