new to 123solar

others protocols
togi

new to 123solar

Post by togi » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:35 am

Hello together,

since a few days I am using 123solar in combination with my Fronius Inverter and a Solarwatt Battery.
I like the software very much: easy to setup and to use.

But I have a couple of questions:

1. When I compare the total energy produced for a day between 123solar and Fronius Solarweb I have a gap.
I assume this gap is due to the reason that 123solar does not show data overnight.
Fronius is showing a few watts even at night. My assumption is that this is the battery itself, but I have no idea.
Sorry, but I can not explain it better.
Maybe I have to show some pictures as an example.

2. sometime the details for a day looks very odd.
see picture in link http://www.giner-online.de/temp/123solar.jpg

What is the issue here?

It would be glad if someone could help me to get 123solar properly working.
Thanks a lot.

Tobias

jeanmarc

Re: new to 123solar

Post by jeanmarc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi,
1) 123s is not intended to be used with batteries, it log solar inverters (dawn 'till sunset). If you want to have a 24/7 monitoring you better use it with meterN.
2) It look like you meter pass-over (data have decrease instead of always increase) check the KWH counter in csv.
Cheers

togi

Post by togi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Hello,

The thing with the graph was due to a corrupt line in the csv file. Don't know why but I got it fixed by deleting the specific line.

Regarding the other thing... Is there a chance to extend the logging period? I have understood that 123solar is logging from sunrise to sunset which is calculation from the coordinates.
Could this be changed by adding an offset. e.g. +2 hours.

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi,
Can you give me a look on your logger (in PM) i would like to know how that behave. I am not sure if it's wise or not to implement batteries storage in 123s.

togi

Post by togi » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:47 pm

What kind of data are you looking for?
If you precisely tell me what you need I will provide it via PM.

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:01 pm

I want to see the battery behavior, some systems work offset and wait pic hours. Is there any kind of intelligence ? Do you have a consumption meter ?

togi

Post by togi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 am

I have talked a lot to Fronius and Solarwatt (battery supplier) the last days.
I do not really need a battery integration.
Due to the fact that the battery is a DC system the inverter treats it as "production" when it's used.
So the only thing I need is polling the inverter 24h.
Back to your questions...

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 am

Guess what: i have done 123s during my spare times, i help hundreds people and this forum is free and I won't change the code for one guy who have a 24h inverter and is not even willing to cooperate.
You are the kind of people who want all for free, plus more if possible. Seriously, maybe you use a rough/dirty translator ?

togi

Post by togi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:19 pm

I will not make a comment to your last post.

museumjoyful

Post by museumjoyful » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:59 am

Hi every one i am new to this.I want to know whether there is any software to monitor PV inverters. Actually i am using Commercial string inverter.
The PVI 14-60TL transformerless PV inverters are designed with high reliability, efficiency and to be easily installed. These three-phase string PV inverters are small, lightweight, compact PV inverters utilized in commercial installations. They have dual MPPT tracking zones and a wide MPPT range.So i brought this inverter from megasolar.com.