bluetooth vs LAN

SBFspot protocol http://sbfspot.codeplex.com/
piombo

bluetooth vs LAN

Post by piombo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:02 am

When I first got 123sloar working (via ethernet) I always had lacks of data and it looked like SBFspot lost the connection to the SMA-inverter within minutes and connected again maybe 10 min later. Updates didn't change anything and after some time I decided to try the bluetooth connection:
123solar is working much more constant and it looks like the connection never breaks (just once, when my raspy updated the apt-list).
Since installation my inverter is connected to Sunnyportal from SMA and sends data. I think that the communication inv-SMA and the communication inv-SBFspot ran into conflicts, which lets to a connection-loss of SBFspot.
Anyway, if someone of you has similar problems the use of bluetooth might be a solution.

Another topic: is there a procedure to update 123solar from older versions? When I did the update I had to rewrite the config or save the old files (but unfortunately didn't get all - and maybe lost some updates due)?

Great work!

jeanmarc

Re: bluetooth vs LAN

Post by jeanmarc » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 pm

For the second point: you may import older config files but you will need to check and -save- them.