meterN 0.7

Talks about metering
jeanmarc

Re: meterN 0.7

Post by jeanmarc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Drake,
Sorry i really don't have much time today and tommorow. I look on friday but at first sight: i really don't like the idea to read from csv into meterN :?

thedrake

Post by thedrake » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:53 pm

jeanmarc wrote:Hi Drake,
Sorry i really don't have much time today and tommorow. I look on friday but at first sight: i really don't like the idea to read from csv into meterN :?
Hi jeanmarc,
no problem at all and not in a hurry. Please take all the time you need. :)

About csv reading, there is just 1 read at metern start to fill Totalcounter array ONLY IF EMPTY and probably could be merged in usual bootstrap that already read csv for Midnight. I simply didn't dare to modify what's working, so I just added a copy of your code in a different position. :oops:

I'm confident that you will see that overhead is really minimal and it saves a lot of troubles and overcoding/overreading/overwriting in comapps. 8-)

/drk

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:37 am

Hi drake,
I have looked at your code and i believe it is better to handle this from the com app side.
I don't say it's bad, it's rather a point of view where meterN should be the basis. The com app job is to retrieve, check and send a good value.
You can manage to use shm Diffcounter or reading bootstrap from your com app and adjust it your needs. There should be no problem there...