Meter burned: right step to replace.

Talks about metering
sovking

Meter burned: right step to replace.

Post by sovking » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

After over 2 years my SDM220 partly burned and of course stopped working.

I stopped metern, cleared some messy data, and ordered a new meter (SDM230), which should arrive soon.

Of course the new meter will have its import and export energy counter set to zero, and I cannot set them to the valoues of previous meter.
In other words, the last recorded csv file was:

Code: Select all

Time,Consumi(Wh),Produzione(Wh),Prelievi(Wh),Immissioni(Wh),Autoconsumo(Wh)
14:30,8930800,17962542,5264283,12718381,4106980
When I will start again meten with the new meter I could expect something similar to:

Code: Select all

Time,Consumi(Wh),Produzione(Wh),Prelievi(Wh),Immissioni(Wh),Autoconsumo(Wh)
hh:mm,[color=#FF0000]8930800[/color],[color=#FFFF00]XXXXXX[/color],0,0,[color=#FF0000]4106980[/color]
where export and import will be set to zero and I hope that the red counter will not change, and the solar production (yellow) it is increased during these days.

It is this expectaction correct ?

There is any procedure to follow before restarting metern, to get it working as usual ? Anything to set in the configuration file or to correct in the csv to get the correct results ?

Thanks

jeanmarc

Re: Meter burned: right step to replace.

Post by jeanmarc » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi,
I hope it doesn't makes any damage to your electrical installation :o If there is any reason, do you know how that happened ?

So: since you won't change your meter in the same day, that make no issue for reals meters like import/export "Prelievi/Immissioni" even though you restart from 0. (values are calculated with the differences in the daily csv).
Also, if you wish to keep your previous data, you can simply add an initial value into your com. app. (eg Prelievi 5264283wh + new meter value)

Consumption and self-consumed "Consumi/Autoconsumo" are virtual meters, the values returned are handled by the com app. I don't know which one you are using, so i can't really guess the result ;)

sovking

Post by sovking » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 pm

No damage.
It happened during sunday, when I was at home. The sympton was out of electricity in my house only.
Starting looking around I found that at the distribution panel the current did not pass the meter.
When I extracted the meter I found the burn on the back. I'll post the pictures.
The meter, which was supposed to hold 80A, it was not protected, is just behind the utility meter (which should be a circuit braker class D of 63 A, and my electric forniture is 6kW). I'll try to open the burnt meter to see what can be happen inside it. Then I'll check if some fuse or other protection is needed (Eastron suggest a 100A fuse that I did not install because I cannot have more than less than that).

So, Import/Export are ok. As comapp application I'm using the houseenergy.php script you provided, I think updated to the latest available version.
So if the program is working on differences, it not should be necessary to make any change (like the suggested "Prelievi 5264283wh + new meter value").
My main concern is if the total values I can read on dashboard or the total per month (June) can change.

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 am

There was several version of "houseenergy", so the result might be different ;)
You shoudn't have problem, even with the virtuals meters, with latest version.

Except missing days, the "Readings" will be ok. Also, obviously not the total in the "Dashboard".

jeanmarc

Post by jeanmarc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi sovking,
Did you had the time to see what burned ? I am interested to see the photo.
Also, i believe it would be wise to send the info to Eastron